emotive subject but important in my view

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise emotive subject but important in my view

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    slim
    Participant

Nicked from another forum & i cant believe how bloody angry this has made me [}:)]……… discuss………

Been sent this and I,m hoping its a fake but have a read and see what you reckon.the group mentioned does exist

Islam4UK, a platform for the global front Al-Muhajiroun, would like to announce the launch of a momentous march that is scheduled to take place in the following weeks, details of which will be released shortly inshaa’allah (God willing).

The destination of this very special event is the small market town of Wootton Bassett, located 6 miles Southwest of Swindon, in northern Wiltshire; Wootton Bassett, is currently famous for its public mourning processions held in memory of British soldiers killed whilst on military service in Afghanistan; coffins containing the dismembered bodies of these soldiers are usually draped in union jack flags and driven through the town centre from RAF Lyneham, as a tribute to their ‘sacrifice’.

The proposed march by members of Islam4UK is however of a very different venture, held not in memory of the occupying and merciless British military, but rather the real war dead who have been shunned by the Western media and general public as they were and continue to be horrifically murdered in the name of Democracy and Freedom – the innocent Muslim men, women and children.

It is quite extraordinary, that with well over 100,000 Muslims killed in Afghanistan in the last 8 years that those military serviceman who have directly or indirectly contributed to their death are paraded as war heroes and moreover honoured for what is ultimately genocide.

We at Islam4UK find this totally unacceptable and as a result have decided to launch the ‘Wootton Bassett March’ to highlight the real casualties of this brutal Crusade.

TT07
    Participant

Take it “with a pinch of salt” I say. As a moderator I have moderated my own reply, lets just say if the post were true then my true colours are the same as yours Slim, thats Red,White and Blue.

TT07
    Participant

I see the matter has hit the BBC News web site.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8437658.stm

BigBen
    Participant

:@ UNACCEPTABLE!
    cant say what i wanted to, something has gone drastically wrong in this country!!!!!!!!!

Radar

The trouble with being in a country where we defend free speech I suppose. The whole idea is meant to stir trouble.

BigBen
    Participant

yep…so how long until someone sticks a bullet through him? not long i hope

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

The trouble with being in a country where we defend free speech I suppose. The whole idea is meant to stir trouble.

So True.

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by benji_zx10r

yep…so how long until someone sticks a bullet through him? not long i hope

Yes, my thoughts exactly, we have become far too complaicent, the freedom we have within OUR shores had to fought for over many many years, millions have died in the process, eventually the people will HAVE to fight to retain what we can.

BigBen
    Participant

good man!
    i was born here, ive never left here but i dont know the words to our national anthem. is that a bad thing? heheh
    anybody heard about the parachute regiment attending this Wooten Bassett brawl? should be a good laugh
    i saw a group on the old facebook with quite alot of people saying what they truely thought of it all, which i think is pretty constructive really…just goes to show theres a handful of us in this country who dont give a toss what they say! thats how it should be

slim
    Participant

Right i started the topic so suppose i better contribute a little more to it, i’ll try & keep it civil but i’m finding that more & more difficult the more i learn about this group & their ideas [V]

Firstly i’ll say i dont want anyone to think these comments are racist as thats not the way i was bought up i really dont care about the colour of a mans skin or what religion he follows as long as he shows respect for the laws of the country & the unwritten laws of decent behaviour that most of us follow EDIT… (having written out the above paragraph i realise that my attitude is being changed by recent events)

Its a true & sad fact that in this country now we have a situation where hundreds of these fanatics are free to say what they please under the laws of free speech, while people such as myself & i guess most of you can not oppose them without the very real possibility arrest, court & even jail under laws against racism, ive almost been a victim of these laws in the past even though i said or did nothing of a racist nature

I truly believe that now is the time for more stringent laws to combat these people, how about convicting & even deporting for the “crime” of anti british behaviour ???

Maybe the above sounds daft to some of you but consider it for a moment…. many citys & towns have muslim only schools where kids from any other religion are not allowed to attend thats racism plain & simple, no state run school could get away with banning any faith

There are many other examples like this all around us & we ignore it but in my view its the breeding ground for religious fanatics who will further dilute the sense of being BRITISH every person holding a uk passport should feel regardless or race colour or creed

My honest feeling is that while people should be allowed to express their idea’s freely up to a point there is a line that must not be crossed, this group & others like it have most definately crossed the line & should be removed from my country asap

slim

Radar

It would appear that they have pulled out:

Islamists cancel Wootton Bassett protest plans

A radical Islamic group has cancelled plans to hold an anti-war march through a town famous for honouring the UK’s servicemen and women killed abroad.

Members of Islam4UK had planned to march through Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, to honour Muslims killed in the Afghanistan conflict.

The government had been considering outlawing the group, which is said to have extremist links.

Earlier this week, Gordon Brown said plans for the march were “disgusting”.

Families of soldiers who died in Afghanistan had condemned the planned march, and MPs signed a motion calling on the home secretary and local authorities to prevent the protest.

Wootton Bassett has become the focus of public mourning, with hundreds lining the streets every time hearses carrying the repatriated bodies of killed UK service personnel are driven through the town from nearby RAF Lyneham.

‘Maximum publicity’

On Sunday, a statement from Islam4UK’s leader, Anjem Choudary, said it had “successfully highlighted the plight of Muslims in Afghanistan”.

People in the town have lined the streets for the repatriation processions
    “We at Islam4UK have decided, after consultation with others including our Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad, that no more could be achieved even if a procession were to take place in Wootton Bassett,” he said.

The group denied members had planned to carry 500 empty coffins through the town.

Islam4UK had previously said it had chosen Wootton Bassett to create maximum publicity.

The News of the World reported on Sunday that Home Secretary Alan Johnson would outlaw the group on Monday.

The newspaper said comments made by senior members of Islam4UK and on websites breached the Terrorism Act.

A Home Office spokesman said the final decision on whether to ban the group rested with Mr Johnson but he would not confirm the plan.

The whole announcement was to get media coverage

James Gray MP
    “Proscription is a tough but necessary power to tackle terrorism,” he said.

“Decisions on proscription must be proportionate and based on evidence that a group is concerned in terrorism as defined in the Terrorism Act 2000.”

North Wiltshire MP James Gray said he was “extremely glad” Islam4UK had abandoned its plans, and he also condemned Mr Choudary’s actions as a “media stunt”.

“He was trying to make a political statement, the whole announcement was to get media coverage – he admitted that himself – and he achieved it. He received lots of coverage,” he said.

Mohammed Shafiq, from the Ramadhan Foundation, said Mr Choudary had been deliberately provocative.

“His attempt to demonstrate at Wootton Bassett was set out to provoke hatred between communities and is not welcomed in the Muslim communities,” he said.

“He and his cronies have no support in the British Muslim communities.”

Source:
    https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8451014.stm

TT07
    Participant

Slim I agree with what you and the other contributors say whole heartedly. I find that this country is unfortunately being driven by people who seem intentent on appeasing minorities at the expense of the majority, when the political system is fundamentaly based on placement of those officials in Parliament by a majority rule, so why the HELL arent they taking notice of what the majority feel. At work, in pubs, in cafes, in fact EVERYWHERE I go I find NO ONE dissenting away from the very subjects and the way I feel on the very subjects mentioned in this post. In addition the whole Country is also being dictated to by a pathetic Health and Safety(running scared of compensation) culture. The way this country is declining into such an appathetic state, I’m sure that the time will come, and maybe not very far off, when some sort of uprising will occure, it may only take one strong willed person with leadership qualities to stand up against the nanny state and through the power of the media quickly get support FROM THE MAJORITY and bring about a backlash to our current state of political system.

Appeasing the minorities stinks, Health and Safety issues have already got out of hand, immigration is a joke, yobs are ruling some of our streets, the level of taxation on fuel is unaccepteble, the whole benefits system is lax for the un-needy but far too stringent for the honest folk, motorists are seen as cash cows for even minor disdemeaners and are being targeted by the Police when so many truley awful crimes go unpunished or with puney sentencing.This list could go on….. and on…… We really are being taken for mugs, so bring on the revolution I say.

BigBen
    Participant

hahaha take that you asswipes! media stunt or he backed down because now the whole country wants to kick the sh*t out of him and set his beard on fire!?

getting media coverage isnt worth all the pctures of him that have been edited on facebook :D theyre hilarious though!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.