Ducati S2R1000 2008 – 1st Impressions… and few updates along the way

Home Forums Italian tackle Ducati S2R1000 2008 – 1st Impressions… and few updates along the way

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Back in 1990 I lived in a small Norfolk town that was blessed with a decent bike shop…a Ducati main dealers no less, One day I managed to talk Chris Clarke the owner into letting me out for a blast on his his Ducati 907ie demonstrator. It was over £7K at the time and I had no intention to buy the bike…I didn’t have the cash. Well that bike made a big imprssion on me: Gutsy V twin power and an epic exhaust note…but it wasn’t to be.

Fast forward 23 years and I am back in that Norfolk bike shop and Chris Clarke is passing me the keys to my Ducati! It wasn’t a 907ie, but a beautiful 2008 S2R! Nearly a quarter of a century to close a deal must be some sort of record!

27209661458_7505411863_k.jpg
    The beast…beautiful…

As for the Duacti S2R…so far I love it…fast enough to be fun, especially with that thumping big V twin delivery, sharp response brakes and and really top-notch corning. The note from the twin termi exhausts is spine chilling and worth reving the bike for that alone!  But the levels of comfort have surprised me, it was 180 miles home from Chris Clarkes and the Duke lapped it up and I got home feeling fine. The baking heat was the real problem!

So far I have done about 450 miles and we are still getting to know each other…it is a big change from the Japanese 4 cylinder bikes that I have been predominantly riding for the last 2 decades.

I will keep you posted as the miles mount up

HippoDrones
    Participant

It is indeed a beautiful bike. … think I should have gone for a Monster rather than the Streetfigher as they do handle nice :-)

Radar

It is indeed a beautiful bike. … think I should have gone for a Monster rather than the Streetfigher as they do handle nice :-)

Got to say that it does handle well

Radar

Had the Duke 18 months now and still really love…acquitted itself brilliantly well in Spanish Pico mountains and so far no quality or reliability gitches to report

It is a pain that you have to buy a special tool to adjust the chain, or get a Ducati dealership to do it…

Radar

MOT passed today without drama

ses310

Good news :)

Radar

Good news :)

2100 miles since last MOT. Most of them on the Spanish run. Looking forward to putting some more miles on it this year

ses310

That’s more than I’d of thought you’d done

Radar

That’s more than I’d of thought you’d done

I was mildly surprised, but the vast majority were on the trip to Spain

Radar

Time for a little update on the Ducati as the 2 years of ownership landmark has passed. To be honest all quiet on the Duke front, apart from the glorious roar from the carbon Termis!

Only around 400 miles covered this summer, but all of them have been reliable and enjoyable…the bike really is a joy to throw around.

Due a service now, but the only problem so far has been one small fixing working loose and I have had to charge the battery a couple times.

The biggest problem for the Duke is the MV Agusta 1090RR Brutale I rode recently!!

Radar

Well the Duke is still on the fleet and passed the MOT at Readspeed in Stourport last weekend

40372657074_33f0f42ed0_b.jpg
    About to be checked over

39272790470_fb29a9ae4b_b.jpg
    Phil of Readspeed gave it the thumbs up, but tipped me off that the back tyre will need replacing reasonably soon

The Duke has been with me nearly five years now, and I absolutely LOVE riding it, but for reasons I can’t quite fathom I have done less than 300 miles on it in the last 12 months

If you need MOT in the Worcestershire area, give these guys a try….

https://www.readspeedscooters.com/

HippoDrones
    Participant

I have a mate who has several Ducatis, he gets them serviced and MoT’d every year…. I can’t remember the last time he actually rode one of them. Get shot of it if you don’t ride it, have bikes you enjoy! :-)

Radar

I have a mate who has several Ducatis, he gets them serviced and MoT’d every year…. I can’t remember the last time he actually rode one of them. Get shot of it if you don’t ride it, have bikes you enjoy! :-)

It’s weird every time I ride it I think this think is brilliant, I then take it home and don’t use it for weeks. I am the same with the MV.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.