Direct hit amidships, Mini sunk!

Home Forums CRASH! Direct hit amidships, Mini sunk!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Born2BMild
    Participant

The first crash I had, was when I was coming down the 2nd lane of a dual carriage way. The inside lane was chocker. A car pulled out between two stationary cars, from a left side road and then in front of me. I hit the car, a blue mini, amidships, my chin hit the roof and I went over the bonnet to land in the road some distance away, pan caking flat on my back. I only remember a blue blur, a loud thump (don’t you just hate that sound?) and landing on my back. The police filled in the rest for me. I was taken to hospital on a spinal board and after x-rays, CAT scans, a night under observation; they let me out next morning. Just had whiplash, cuts and bruises, and general stiffness. Apparently I unconsciously did a perfect back breakfall which the doctors said saved me from more serious damage or even cessation of life. Haven’t done any Martial Arts for 5 years too, The driver, a woman driving instructor! is still denying liability, even though she was crying at the scene, “I just did not see him!”.
    Sandra, my wife, who hates bikes, was not too impressed when I sat down and switch on the Isle of Man TT on the box, as soon as I got back home. Bike was only 2 weeks old with 164 miles on the clock. Ordered a replacement from the dealer that afternoon, which made her even more unimpressed.

sh*t… not again!

Scouser
    Participant

Glad you are OK, your injuries stopped you doing the martial arts then?

What bike have you got BTW?

Be seen and be Safe!

Born2BMild
    Participant

Cheers mate. Stopped the Martial Arts before that, but the whiplash I still have would stop me starting again though. Only got a CBR125. Gets me about though, until I get round to taking a test.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.