Derbi Senda DRD Pro 50 need help!

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Derbi Senda DRD Pro 50 need help!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    BrandonC
    Participant

Hi all,
      I know this isn’t the correct area for this thread but the area for this is barely used as the last post was in april haha, so i would really appreciate it if people could help me out :)

I have recently bought a Derbi Senda DRD Pro 50 as a non runner and i am having trouble finding what the issue with the bike could be so i thought you could all help :) :D

The bike runs (sort of) when you bump start it or kick it, although it soon cuts out if you give it a lot of revs it can actually run and we have done about 200 metres on it but as soon as the throttle is let loose the bike cuts out, the battery is fine but i think it could be something around the elctrical side as after inspection it appears the engine is perfect, my ideas are maybe there is a loose connection which is flickering on and off.

All advice taken so please help :)

Regards Brandon.

BigBen
    Participant

I had an old senda 50 in the good old days, the lecs were crap, so if u suspect electrical problems just throw another wiring loom on it or you will tear all your hair out trying to fix it, they have always been molested by someone who knows nothing. Start from there and see what happens, or rip everything out the frame and inspect it carefully

katana
    Participant

Sounds fuel related to me. My guess would be gummed up/blocked carb (especially if its been standing for a while) or an air leak.

Check for air leaks – once you get it running spray WD40 around where the carb joins the barrel if the engine note changes then you have an air leak

If not time to strip down the carb and very thoroughly clean it. Finding someone with an ultra sonic cleaner would be best. Be very careful when stripping it down not to strip threads etc and take loads of pictures so you know how everything goes back together. There will be a lot of very small holes both in the jets and main body and all of them need to be cleaned.

you’ll need a gasket set at least:

https://www.derbiscooterspares.co.uk/spares/partImage.asp?GPN=00H04103771&uid=0

https://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p-Dellorto_PHVA__PHBN_carburettor_gasket_set-5714.aspx

https://www.derbiscooterspares.co.uk/spares/epc2.asp?modelID=9994&PageiD=21&m=Derbi+Senda+SM+DRD+Pro+E2+CARBURETOR&uID=0

HippoDrones
    Participant

fuelling does sound more likely to me from the symptoms you describe. Have you checked the colour of the spark plug?

https://midnighttouge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/spark-guide.html

BrandonC
    Participant

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, i have ordered a new wiring loom and will give it a whirl, if this fails i will use the other methods given, once again thanks for the replies!

Radar

Another vote here for fuel supply being the issue, let us know how you get on

BrandonC
    Participant

Hi all,

The bike is now up and running, in the end the previous owner had said something about the flywheel but due to the way the bike worked we thought it couldn’t be that, we had a look and after tweaking the inside the bike would not run at all so we bought a brand new magneto and flywheel and the bike runs good as ever! Thanks all for the input :)))

HippoDrones
    Participant

ahh wicked news. Well done.

Got any pics of your baby? :-)

katana
    Participant

Glad you got it sorted

BrandonC
    Participant

Hi,

Some pics will certainly be uploaded when she is ready to hit the road, (about 1 week) some bits are currently being sprayed and cleaned up :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

cool, looking forward to seeing it. You must be quite excited to get it on the road :-)

Radar

Yep be good to see some pics when you get out there

BigBen
    Participant

Ahh so it was electrical then. :D

Radar

Ahh so it was electrical then. :D

It would seem so!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.