Decisions decisions…

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road Decisions decisions…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Am after a supermoto for my next road bike. Want it mainly for the road but want to do trackdays as well as supermoto tracdays and maybe venture in the dirt too when I get fitter.

Am considering a few bikes but the following are my main choices. Feel free to add a bike or two you may think suitable ;)

HippoDrones
    Participant

690smc.jpg

KTM 690 SMC

HippoDrones
    Participant

KTM%20690SMR.jpg
    KTM 690 SMR

HippoDrones
    Participant

SXV1.jpg

Aprilia SXV 550

HippoDrones
    Participant

1_smr_510_182.jpg

Husqvarna 510

HippoDrones
    Participant

Have been warned off the SXV as its supposed to be very unreliable and expensive to fix, such a shame becuse it is by far the most bling to look at!

The KTM 690SMC and 690SMR are also off the list as they are a bit wet apparently and not proper sm’s (way too heavy as well).

So we still have the Husky 510 SMR, which apparently is pretty reliable if you keep with the oil changes every 500-1000miles and highly spec’d too.

Anyone think of any other bikes?

katana
    Participant

I liked the look of the Aprilia

A mate of mine had a Husaberg – it was fantastic!

Husaberg_EICMA_2006-001r.jpg

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi Pete. Gotta say, I know nothing about these really so can’t comment. I just know I’d love a go on all of them!

Thought you were at sea mate?

HippoDrones
    Participant

was supposed to be but my mum died just before we were due to sail so I got sent home to help sort the funeral/probate etc. Am back up to join the boat on Sunday and we then go off on patrol till August sometime. Am so glad I was able to get home.

that berg looks pretty cool, they are tied with KTM I think. Looked on their website and although they do do a dedicated sm, they don’t show up on their site.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

was supposed to be but my mum died just before we were due to sail so I got sent home to help sort the funeral/probate etc. Am back up to join the boat on Sunday and we then go off on patrol till August sometime. Am so glad I was able to get home.

that berg looks pretty cool, they are tied with KTM I think. Looked on their website and although they do do a dedicated sm, they don’t show up on their site.

My deepest sympathies about losing your Mom, but glad you could get home before going on patrol.

Good luck when at sea and we will miss your excellent input for a few months.

I vote for the Husaberg btw

katana
    Participant
    katana
    Participant
    HippoDrones
    Participant

thanks guys and thaks for the links too :)

max
    Participant

buy a 990adv [:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

lol, they are very cool but not quite what I am after! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.