Death ride – Man gets 7 years

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Death ride – Man gets 7 years

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

A motorcyclist who ploughed into a crowd and killed a Birmingham mum of 2, whilst showing off on his bike has been jailed for 7 years.
    Robert Penlington, aged 29 of Moors Lane, Bartley Green, pleaded guilty at Warwick Crown Court, to causing the death of Sandra Brown by dangerous driving.
    The tradgedy happened near the Bassetts Pole roundabout near Tamworth in May 2004.
    Jailing Penlington on Tuesday, Judge Richard Cole told him, “You were plainly showing off to the crowd. An incident of this sort was inevitable. You were riding the motorcycle in a totally irresponsible way. You were encouraged by the presence of a large crowd, but you were the person riding the motorcycle. As a result of the incident, Sandra Brown lost her life. This is a terrible tradgedy and a matter her family will have to cope with. You will have her death on your conscience for the rest of your life.”
    Paul Farrer, prosecuting, said Mrs Brown, aged 42, from Erdington, was killed when Penlington plowed into a crowd of spectators. The court heard Penlington had been ‘showing off’ by performing knee slides just feet away from the crowd.
    Penlington was also banned from driving for ten years.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

GSX Rat
    Participant

the fact he had no licence or insurance probably didnt help either….

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.