Commuting on a motorbike

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Commuting on a motorbike

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Radar

After 12 years my bikes are earning their keep as commuter hacks once again. I don’t use the bikes everyday for my 60 mile commute but about 6 times in the last 3 or 4 weeks, I have ridden in. The time saving can be up to 35 mins! It is really ace to be out there as a proper motorcyclist again. Now looking to get a hack I can use every day, the RD costs too much to run (more than my 2.0 litre car!), the RS is too old bless it and T Cat just too nice to hack.
    Must get some new waterproofs etc.

Is Imperial Data a Punk??

Gix
    Participant

T cat is an ideal winter hack!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

I was waiting for that LOL!!!

Is Imperial Data a Punk??

Digger
    Participant

Probably the 600 Bandit Radar,its quick and nimble and dos`nt mind getting wet.

Take it easy out there

Scouser
    Participant

Get a Raleigh Chopper

Be seen and be Safe!

GSF K1
    Participant

Try a BMX

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

jayas1965
    Participant

I have to admit that I have not really done much commuting on my bike before, but, now you can’t get me off it. Even when it’s raining I would rather use the bike than the car, and I have a nice warm car!
    I only travel 15 miles to work but usually end up smiling when I get there, something that using the car would not cause. Don’t get me wrong, I like my car but the bike slips past what traffic I do come across and is much more interesting. Some local roads, dual carridgeways and some nice Welsh country type roads. Great fun.
    I just have to remember each day that is it NOT a race!

Jay – 2004 Fireblade

Radar

I have now moved jobs to a place only 10 miles from house, but the road is a nice flowing single track A road. weather is limiting bike use at the moment, but the YZF has been used about 1/3 of the time and it is proving highly enjoyable

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.