Chattering problem remains for Rossi

Home Forums Bike racing Chattering problem remains for Rossi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

After a hard weekend of testing in Jerez, World Champion Valentino Rossi took time out to speak with motogp.com. In the exclusive interview, the Italian indicated that the Yamaha M1 was still suffering from the chattering problem which has persisted throughout the preseason.

407531_49913.jpg

“Generally I’m happy, here in Jerez we have had problems with chattering, and we’ve tried to fix it along with Michelin using different tyres,” said Rossi, who went on to talk about the consecutive weekends of Official Tests undertaken by the MotoGP teams.

“Every year the winter testing becomes more important. We’ve had six days of testing in less than two weeks, so we’re a little tired,” commented the Yamaha factory rider.

Radar

Is this refering to a brake problem?

Gix
    Participant

No mate, apparently last testing session they reckoned it was suspension set up, but looks like they are looking towards tyres being the cause now, they have been battling against this for some time now.

Radar

I am more used to chattering refering to a brake problem. There is probably a mismatch between spring and damper rsates causing the proble. Its a real art to get these things right.

Gix
    Participant

Sometimes a chattering can be caused by a suss suspension set up that only becomes evident when braking, and lets face it, these boys brake hard!!!!! The chattering is probably so slight that an ordinary mortal on a road bike would feel no real difference, but braking down from silly speeds for a second gear corner, I guess it may affect the riders confidence in the bike some what![:0]

Radar

These guys certainly operate on a different level to even quick road riders or track day aces. It will be interesting to see how Rossi goes this season with half an eye on a seat in an F1 car next year…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.