Cat & Fiddle

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Cat & Fiddle

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    barmy_carmy
    Participant

Nothing wrong with Yams is there Radar Lol! Dont you just love geeing him up GC? Heh Heh!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Gix
    Participant

No nothing wrong with yamahas, they just aint as good as suzukis![;)][:D]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Digger
    Participant

And then you woke up and had your cornflakes.

Take it easy out there

Gix
    Participant

Yuk dont eat cereal![xx(]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

poohchick
    Participant

No she only eats TARMAC! lol x

WIT WOO Lets have fun! Experience is the best knowledge x

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Wot no Crunchy nut Cornflakes?

Gix
    Participant

Dont like milk! Only milk I have is in coffee![;)]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

Well I have finally broken my Cat and Fiddle run duck and taken on this fabled strip of tarmac, known rather prosaically as the A537 Buxton to Maccesfield road.

Due to a variety commitments elsewhere, and the fact I couldn’t really get into gear organising the meet properly it was just GC and I that rocked up to Tamworth services just off junction 10 of the good old M42 at midday on the 21st.

To be honest the ride up to the C&F was a bit frustrating as we had to contend with road closures and massive queues building up behind tractors and caravans. GC was working hard on her GSXR picking her way past all the obstacles, and I was tucked in neatly behind on my trusty T cat.

Finally we reached the A537 and just we went to open the taps up we were greeted by the sight of a prostrate ZX6R and rider at the side of the road, An ambulance was in attendance, but I don’t think anybody was badly hurt, apart from pride possibly!

This is the side of biking we all just have to accept, and if we are all honest with ourselves the risk is all part of the thrill we derive from riding our bikes at speed.

Before attacking the 8 mile run in earnest we pulled into the Cat & Fiddle pub for a swift cuppa. All the usual types were there with R1s, Dukes, CBRs, GSXR etc all around. A 76 GT750 Kettle broke things up a bit as did a trike. Curiously there were also no less than 3 old XJ600s up there too, a bland old bike and an odd spot to see one let alone 3, most are relegated to commuter hacks these days.

It was at this point I spotted that I had lost my mobile phone too, like I said a frustrating day so far!

Then we mounted up and took on the road. GC took off in that swift but assured style of hers, the lady can certainly ride! I tucked in behind swept around the first couple of cagers and then missed an opportunity to overtake and GC was soon disappearing off into the distance! As GSX1000 said this is a very technical piece of road, demanding well judged use of gears, brakes and careful line selection. GC was revelling in it and I did tuck in behind again before we got to the end and turned around to repeat the whole process. Really it is such a fantastic feeling to tackle a road like that and the pair of us sliced back across the undulating countryside. Truly a piece of God’s own tarmac, the speeds are not high, but the thrill sure is! As you can see from the video clip GC is somewhat of a wiz on this road!

We paused again to let our brakes cool off and it was good to see ripples in the rubber of our tyres, as we chilled and chatted for a few minutes…As you can see from the video clip GC is somewhat of a wiz on this road!

The ride home was much better as much of the traffic had thankfully cleared off and we stopped off in Ashbourne Derbyshire for another cuppa. I rewarded GC with a chocolate fudge brownie for her superb riding today. Anyway sitting on the pavements edge enjoying our drink and I hear a cry of “Radar”. My old mates from my days down in Norfolk were in town on their CBR1100XX Super Blackbird, in company with the Thetford & District MCC. Small world as they say.

Rather amusingly my friends wife had spotted me with GC, noted the absence of my wife and had already decided that 2+2=4958, and was trying to stop him calling out to me!! You got to laugh. Anyway had a natter with them and sorted out a curry night next time I’m in Norfolk. BONUS!! He has got a Speed Triple too, wonder if would let me have a go?! It will make a nice change from using Thumper’s bikes!

The ride home passed quickly at GC and I went our separate ways at Tamworth. By the time I had got home I had done over 240 miles. A good day out.

Next time I will get into gear better and force more of you out!

Chips at the coast anybody??? Summer is slipping away….

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Sounds great Radar Lol! Glad you both had a good time!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.