cameras

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe cameras

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    The Stig
    Participant

im looking into getting a helmet mounted cam is there any benefits with insurance if I get one?

Radar

im looking into getting a helmet mounted cam is there any benefits with insurance if I get one?

I would doubt that there would be any insurance benefit, and the police could seize any footage if they think you have been a bit naughty. By all means fiit one, but just watch back footage for fun!

ses310

Gotta say I agree with Radar

Champs
    Participant

Always be careful with cameras on vehicles because they can be used against you in evidence.

That said, I have very often bolted my gopro to my zx6r fairings when we go away. Have had some great shots from it.

If your looking for a helmet mounted camera though but your not too fussed about quality then stay away from the gopro’s and intova’s because they become a big wind drag which is annoying as it’s constantly pulling at your head.

Have a look at the AT68 or Ramos d9. I use a Ramos D9 on my mountain bike helmet. Super lightweight you forget it’s there, but bear in mind it’s not overly waterproof unlike the AT68.

You will need to play around with the position too because I found when you mount a helmet camera, the position you stand and look in a mirror is different to your position when riding.

Radar

Some great feedback there Champs, the footage you took in the Pyrenees last year was excellent

The Stig
    Participant

I only really want one so I can get the idiot drivers who try and get there cars up my exhaust pipe its really getting on my nerves now if you know what I mean which I am sure most of you will have had some drivers like that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.