Busted firebolt belts

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted Busted firebolt belts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shuzbutt
    Participant

I have done 9250 miles on my bike and i,m on my third belt. My last belt has lasted me 2300 miles,the dealer is saying it was stone damage.It seams they replaced the first one under warranty but i had to pay for the second one which really p*ssed me off.Now i have heard that other people are having the same problem, has anyone been in contact with Buell in the states about it?I want to but cant find their email address anywhere.
    They have upgraded the belt on the XB12R,is this their admission that there is a problem? if so,should they not recall XB9R,s and do this to our bikes? because i would,nt like my belt to snap whilst in the fast lane of a three lane motor way, so surely this is a safety matter!!!

Shuzbutt,old geezer

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum, Shuzbutt. Nice bike the firebolt, would appreciate if you could tell us a bit more about how it rides/performs etc. Sorry to hear you’re not pleased with Buell’s dealer service. I’m surprised that it could possibly be stone damage, isn’t the belt protected? I think you’ve got a good point about it snapping in the fast lane – anywhere in fact.

Got hold of a useful address for you:

Buell Customer Service
    3700 W. Juneau Avenue
    Milwaukee, WI 53208

To speak with a Buell customer service representative call 414-343-8400. This is an american number so obviously add the relevant dialling prefix.

If you need it, I can tell you the name of a company who I use to get 3 pence per minute calls to the USA. PM me for more details.

They quote on their US website (hidden in the depths somewhere) “Sorry, we’re unable to receive e-mail at this time.”

Hope this helps, good luck and let us know your progress as bad publicity may speed things up!

shuzbutt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

Welcome to the forum, Shuzbutt. Nice bike the firebolt, would appreciate if you could tell us a bit more about how it rides/performs etc. Sorry to hear you’re not pleased with Buell’s dealer service. I’m surprised that it could possibly be stone damage, isn’t the belt protected? I think you’ve got a good point about it snapping in the fast lane – anywhere in fact.

Got hold of a useful address for you:

Buell Customer Service
    3700 W. Juneau Avenue
    Milwaukee, WI 53208

To speak with a Buell customer service representative call 414-343-8400. This is an american number so obviously add the relevant dialling prefix.

If you need it, I can tell you the name of a company who I use to get 3 pence per minute calls to the USA. PM me for more details.

They quote on their US website (hidden in the depths somewhere) “Sorry, we’re unable to receive e-mail at this time.”

Hope this helps, good luck and let us know your progress as bad publicity may speed things up!

Shuzbutt,old geezer

Radar

I seem to remember that both the long term test bikes run by “Bike” magazine and MCN had this trouble too.
    Let us know how you get on…

Welcome to the forum.

shuzbutt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

I seem to remember that both the long term test bikes run by “Bike” magazine and MCN had this trouble too.
    Let us know how you get on…

Welcome to the forum.

The long term test bike was used by Craig Jones befor MCN got hold of it., so i would’nt be suprised that the belts broke on that bike if you look at what he does with them

Shuzbutt,old geezer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.