Brands Hatch Indy 12th April 2012

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Track days Brands Hatch Indy 12th April 2012

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Have booked me and the Ducati in on the Focussed Events trackday. It is being televised too on Bikers TV (never heard of it myself, anyone know how to view it?) anyways, am really looking forward to seeing how the Streetfighter performs on track and have ordered a fresh set of rubber for the occasion (current tyres are a bit too road biased and although not rubbish they have given me a lot of slip and slide recently). I will be posting pics as usual, I have also ordered a Go-Pro Hero camera so will be trying that out too (review on that will follow soon after) [:D]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I’ve been looking at the GoPro camera here:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/GoPro-CHDMH-001-HD-Motorsports-HERO/dp/B002VA57XC/
    It seems to get excellent reviews. Did you buy the mounts for it separately?

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Oh and I found these:
    https://www.bikertv.ca/
    https://www.bikertv.net/
    but I doubt they are the ones!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Apparently it will be shown on MotorsTV so I have just upgraded my Virgin Media tv package [:D]

The Go-Pro you have linked is the older version, am not sure but think it is lower spec than the go-pro hero 2. Looks a good price tho, think mine was £235 ish. I have ordered a spare battery, memory card and a chest mount harness thing separately.

Radar

Have fun tomorrow bud.

HippoDrones
    Participant

cheers dude [:)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

What a day, grim weather was the main but the sun shone for a bit and managed 2 dry ish sessions. I didn’t bother going out after lunch as there was an idiot thinking it was a race making some really dodgy overtakes and taking peoples line and braking points away from them. He was the only downer on the day even tho the weather was so bad. The chaps from “The Bike Channel” (Motors TV) were really nice, had a chat with them and did an interview too which may make it on air if they dont think my ugly mug will break peoples TVs! [:D]

I am still struggling to gel with left handers on the Streetfighter but the wet track didn’t help. Right handers are getting easier but the ergonomics of the bike are very weird still. The footpeg position is still the main bug and added to the issue with the exhaust positioning it is annoying me a tad.

f766d37b.jpg

a091604e.jpg

4a041684.jpg

6fcaa53c.jpg

7d7060f9.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

Motors TV just showed the 3rd episode of “Bike World” which was filmed at this event. They will be repeating it all week I think and yup…. I’m famous! [:D] never got that burger they promised me tho! [;)]

katana
    Participant

I’ll have to keep an eye open for that and Sky+ it.

katana
    Participant

Just watched you being interviewed. Can I have your autograph (on a blank cheque)?

Just got to suss out how to get it on to a DVD then onto Youtube so everyone on here can see it.

HippoDrones
    Participant

lol [:D]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.