Borders Classic Bike Show. 17/09/06

Home Forums Meetings and events Borders Classic Bike Show. 17/09/06

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Radar

This wasn’t a formal meet up, but members Imperial data, Katana and myself were joined by a couple of other lads and headed to this excellent little show held in a school (Lacon Childe), in the lovely town of Cleobury Mortimer. I rode ID’s KTM and he took my Thundercat. Constrasting bikes to say the least of it. That KTM is a real hoot.

P9170007.jpg
    We were amongst the first to arrive, good varity of bikes; My Thundercat, ID’s KTM, Katana’s err Katana, and the Hornet and BMW F800s belong to Steve and Andy, non forum members

P9170042.jpg
    Two halls of bikes, British, Italian, German and Japanese in the main

P9170038.jpg
    1985 MZ Police Bike, used by Hertfordshire. Bet they didn’t catch too many people!

P9170035.jpg
    Unusual flat parallel twin!

P9170024.jpg
    Lovely Triumph

P9170034.jpg
    6 cylinders of pure class

P9170017.jpg
    Raleigh RM6 Runabout complete with pedestrian slicer!

P9170032.jpg
    FS1E!!! MINT!!!!Pass the flairs and nylon bomber jacket!

There were loads of great bikes there, but the displays were a bit undermined by the organisers decision to place the details of each bike on a A4 sheet on the headlight. However out in the bike park there were some cracking bikes too…

P9170011.jpg
    Suzuki TS250 and a BSA

P9170009.jpg
    Laverda Jota RGA. Funny how small these look now.

P9170008.jpg
    Moto Guzzi V50 Monza. Check out the chunky front tyre

P9170015.jpg
    Norton Commando

P9170013.jpg
    Period “Sat Nav” as mounted on a BSA. Pure class.

P9170047.jpg
    Interesting to see Meridan and Hinkley Triumphs together

Spent an enjoyable hour or more at the show before getting back on the bikes for a 50 mile loop over Clee Hill, across to Bridgnorth and then back to Kidderminster. A good ride out and Steve on the Hornet put in crisp, confident ride especially considering that he has only recently passed his test, and was on demanding and unfamilar roads.

Good day out. Cheers to all.

katana
    Participant

Great day out – Thanks Radar.

GSF K1
    Participant

Cool pics Radar.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yep, good day and made even better by the Clea Hill twisties. Nice to go to a bike meet hosted by a school too (it was in 2 halls of a school). Bet the kids weren’t too impressed by the oil puddles they had to sit down in during assembly though.

Radar

I emailed the organiser, praising the show and linking him to the review. This was his feedback:

Many thanks for that, Anthony, glad you enjoyed your visit. Nice pics.
    The A4 cards are there because the general public don’t know much about the older bikes (nor do some younger riders) and we like to cater for them.
    Good result when we counted the pennies. Bear in kind that we’re raising funds for the school, and that the Parent Teacher Association agreed to give £1000 of the profit to the Parish Church restoration fund. We made £5,500, a new record by a huge margin, so the church get their promised grand and the school gets more than they’ve ever had before out of the show. It does a lot of good for the motorcycle image in this area.
    Best
    Jim Reynolds
    PS: Next year: September 15/16th

Scouser
    Participant

Great promotion for biking. I can’t believe that you rode the KTM Radar, bet your glad you kept those platform boots!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.