BMW in cool bike scandal!

Home Forums European BMW in cool bike scandal!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I actually like the look of this…

The nine T

Does it still have the ferkin’ stupid indicator switch though?

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/bmw-r-ninet/

imperialdata
    Keymaster

They’re getting to you mate. Get your tin-foil hat on quick!

Actually does look a bit retro-Guzzi styled, quite nice really. After you with the hat….

HippoDrones
    Participant

it is on the list of possible Lord Vader replacement :-)

Radar

it is on the list of possible Lord Vader replacement :-)

I still think your V7 is cooler

HippoDrones
    Participant

:-)    the V7 is a wonderful bike, and there is no point spending £12k + on a bike if it’ll not get ridden enough. Will have to see how life pans out :-)

Radar

:-)    the V7 is a wonderful bike, and there is no point spending £12k + on a bike if it’ll not get ridden enough. Will have to see how life pans out :-)

Wise words, how is the V7 running now? Time for an update methinks!

12k is serious wedge as you say

HippoDrones
    Participant

it has not had much use other than the photoshoot, I rode it over to Guildford the other day when I went to test ride the 48.

I do love riding the lil Guzzi, but it would be nice to have a little more grunt and plusher suspension…. I shall be grabbing a test ride on the R nine T as soon as I can get one as it kind of fits the bill for next bike on paper…. would even be quick enough for the odd trackday, assuming it handles as well as it looks!

HippoDrones
    Participant

I need to get in touch with wherever is my local Beemer dealership to reserve a demo on one of these, I am quite smitten so far…. it has even made it to the dizzy heights of my laptops wallpaper lol.

I could give them Kevin as a deposit then Lord Vader to cover the remainder on delivery :D

I think it is an expensive bike tho, and that does put me off a little but it does seem to have some top notch components and does look very stylish.

ses310

Cracking looking bike! Everyone seems to be tempted coming over to the darkside

HippoDrones
    Participant

am struggling to sort funds for this. Think the secondhand market is an absolute steal atm, wish I was after a secondhand bike coz bargains are to be had. So saying this, does anyone know anyone interested in buying an almost mint low miles Kevin, or an idolised and superbly cool Lord Vader?

If I can get close to the money I need then I can poss go for the BMW, if not I’ll have to hold fire for 18 months I think.

Radar

am struggling to sort funds for this. Think the secondhand market is an absolute steal atm, wish I was after a secondhand bike coz bargains are to be had. So saying this, does anyone know anyone interested in buying an almost mint low miles Kevin, or an idolised and superbly cool Lord Vader?

If I can get close to the money I need then I can poss go for the BMW, if not I’ll have to hold fire for 18 months I think.

I think that waiting to pick up a low miles used one could be a good way to go. They will hold value well but I suspect used ones may well have those expensive add on already fitted.

HippoDrones
    Participant

aye, still need to sell my fleet sooner rather than later though as they cost too much to keep in the garage with servicing, depreciation and insurance. Kevin is back up on ebay, will look into advertising Lord Vader once the Kwak has sold.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Wow, Pete. You change bikes more often than Radar changes his socks  :o

You get good use out of them and seem to get lots of fun from them too though, so it’s certainly not a criticism. I’m looking forward to your next purchase!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Well Radar adds to his fleet about as often as I trade mine! lol ;-)

This is the trouble, Kevin just hasn’t had anywhere near enough use, 1500miles in 9 months is shocking for me. I remember doing somit like 23,000 miles on my Speedtriple in 18months iirc so even Lord Vader isn’t getting used nearly enough for my liking.

I am going to try to improve the time I keep bikes for tho as no matter what I put in my garage there will ALWAYS be something more shiny I would envy, so need to try and be satisfied with what I have (a little bit). 

My time in the RN was bad for my soul in this as I could afford a new bike whenever I returned from sea, times have changed now tho and my wages don’t stretch so far anymore.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.