Bike Shuttle

Home Forums Biking abroad Bike Shuttle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    katana
    Participant

bikeshuttle-13.jpg

I was told about this from someone at work who is using this service this summer.

https://www.bikeshuttle.co.uk/

Looks like a good service at a reasonable price and avoids the boring slog across France to reach the alps.

They take your bike on custom pallets in a purpose made truck
    bikeshuttle-18.jpg

and will take all your gear as well
    bikeshuttle-4.jpg
    bikeshuttle-2.jpg

You fly over on a budget airline and meet the truck in a Hotel in Geneva, pick up your bike and gear , enjoy the roads and then drop the bike back at the hotel at the end of the trip and fly home.
    bikeshuttle-17.jpg

I’ll let you know how he gets on.

ses310

Excellent link, be very interested in seeing how your pal gets on and what he thinks of the service.

Radar

One of the lads from the Thundercat forum has used a similar service and rated it.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Interesting if you haven’t got the time to travel or don’t like some aspects of it. For me, part of the overall biking abroad ‘experience’ used to be the travelling, but in all honesty I am very tired of ferries, ports, long waits and crappy traffic-riddled roads now. If the price is right on this shuttle service then why not?

Radar

Interesting if you haven’t got the time to travel or don’t like some aspects of it. For me, part of the overall biking abroad ‘experience’ used to be the travelling, but in all honesty I am very tired of ferries, ports, long waits and crappy traffic-riddled roads now. If the price is right on this shuttle service then why not?

Oddly I quite like the whole ferry experience…but I get what you mean

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.