Bike Prep

Home Forums Biking abroad Pyrenees, France Bike Prep

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Well the FZ clocked up its’s 8000th mile yesterday. So I checked the front pads…hmm, hard to tell in situ for sure, but I think they need replacing!

So my list of work befor setting off:

New front pads
    New pair of tyres
    oil and filter change
    General check over

What do you guys (Champs, Thumper, Ses) need to do?

I feel a maintenance meet coming on!

ses310

Front and rear pads and oil and filter change should do the CBF

Champs
    Participant

My bike failed it MOT yesterday. One of the fork deals has leaked oil onto the brake pads. £120 for the garage to do it. I just bought everything off eBay for under £40. That’s my job for this weekend! :)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Sounds a pain Champs, but could be worse I guess. Is it a ‘fairing off’ job?

Champs
    Participant

I reckon I can do it with the fairings on. The bolts are fairly accessible. Just a case of jacking the bike up off its front end, rear paddock stand and a bottle jack under the sump should be okay. It can only go wrong once.

Radar

Let us know how you get on

Radar

New pair of Perrelli Corsas fitted to the FZ, oil and filter change done. The front brake pads were ok in the finish and don’t need to be replaced. So the FZ is ready for the off!

Ses came around and we did an oil/filter change on his CBF. He had previously fitted new brake pads and his ‘compact’ luggage system. So that bike is ready to rumble too!

ses310

Just got to get the CBF mot’d next weekend then all ready for the off

Champs
    Participant

Changed the oil seals on the front forks plus new fork oil. New brake pads and gave the whole front end a good old wd40 degrease! Just need to bolt the nose back on then get the bike in for its mot retest on saturday

Radar

Bike is fine, but I have managed to knacker both pairs of my glasses…having to wear my late 1980’s issue HUGE lens glasses until I can get sorted out!

Only just over a week to the off!

ses310

Took the CBF for its MOT today, passed no problem :) Only slight issue I had was I decided to top the oil up before taking it, on arrival at the MOT station noticed my leg and boot covered in oil! Had forgotten to put the oil filler cap back on doh!!!!
    Numpty of the week award I reckon!

Champs
    Participant

Good work, my bike passed its retest. Ready for the off!

Radar

Took the CBF for its MOT today, passed no problem :) Only slight issue I had was I decided to top the oil up before taking it, on arrival at the MOT station noticed my leg and boot covered in oil! Had forgotten to put the oil filler cap back on doh!!!!
    Numpty of the week award I reckon!

Good work.

ID, do we have some sort of numpty point symbol?

I had to drain a little oil out of the FZ this morning. I had over filled it. Bum holes

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.