Bad news

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Bad news

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Today was a day I would hope never to have to go through again but am resigned to the fact that odds are I will, David is not the first friend lost, and I know that he wont be the last.
    Dont know whether its right posting like this, but you are friends too, please be careful out there. David did nothing wrong, a van had stopped the other side of the blind bend to remove a dead badger from the road, the car behind did not have the patience to wait and overtook him, unfortunately David was coming round the bend in the opposite direction. There were no skid marks, he didn’t have time and hit the car head on. He lost his leg and suffered multiple head injuries.
    We all met at the pub this morning at 10.30am. The hearse arrived, 10 minutes later we all moved off for the journey to the crematorium. There were many there, from peds to blades, cruisers, traillies, loads. David must have known something no one else did, Barry told me ,Ian and Jo that he had made his wishes for his final journey, arrangements known. Outriders stopped the traffic at all the junctions, it was all very moving.
    R.I.P. David Jon Wilkinson

Please be careful out there folks, you dont know whats round the next bend.[V]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Ragdoll
    Participant

That is so moving gixerchic. I think it’s a sad fact of life, especially for bikers, that they make their wishes known to family and friends “just in case”. Not sure about Barry being in denial, maybe it’s his way of coping with it all? The pain will never go, but let’s hope it gets a little easier for everyone

There’s a thin person inside me screaming to get out…but I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate!

Radar

A sad day, moving words.

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

speedy claire
    Participant

So very sad and very moving…….. Barry will come to terms with his loss in his own time, you just can`t put a time limit on acceptance and grieving. Heartfelt sympathies to Barry and all the family

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!….

Deep down inside me there`s a skinny girl trying to come out, but normally I can shut that b*tch up with some chocolate!…..

barmy_carmy
    Participant

R.I.P. David. I’m very glad that there were plenty of bikers to see him off. My thoughts and prayers to the family.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

poohchick
    Participant

Glad you could make it Gix, wish I cud have been there, I didn’t know David, but that doesn’t matter as far as I’m concerned all bikers are mates and you look out for each other. Thanks for keeping us all posted, it brings things home! x

WIT WOO Lets have fun! Experience is the best knowledge x

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.