Bad news

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Bad news

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Just had some really bad news.
    Barry and Gail who own the bikers pub The New Inn, the one I have taken some of you guys to this summer, lost their son David this morning in a motorbike crash. Barry bought him the new CBR600 for his birthday, he had only been out for 20 minutes, it happened 10 miles from his home. Dont know all the details yet but Ian said something about a lorry being involved, but like I say, dont know details.

R.I.P. David 1987 – 2005[V]

Another friend lost.[V]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

RIP, my sympathy goes out to his family.

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

riff-raff
    Participant

R.I.P
    What a terrible waste of a young life[V]
    My heartfelt sympathies to his family[:(]

Vanished………..like a wrinkly ninja

Gix
    Participant

I know, even I didn’t realise he was so young. Had thought he was on his dads old blade to start with, his dad had given it to him a while ago but he didn’t get on with it, ironically said it was too powerful, so Barry sold it and bought him the 600 for his 18th Birthday. Barry, as expected, has gone to pieces, going over to Ians tomorrow and if Barry and Gail are up to it, we are going to see them.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

GSF K1
    Participant

Jeezz… what a crushing thing to happen. Pass on the thoughts of everyone on the forum.

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

What can I say? Terrible, terrible thing. Our condolances to the family Gix.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

So very sorry to hear of such a young life taken away like that, Barry and Gail must be beside themselves, My thoughts and prayers will go to them, please offer them my deepest sympathies!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Ragdoll
    Participant

That’s awful, words fail me. Thoughts with the family.

There’s a thin person inside me screaming to get out…but I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate!

Digger
    Participant

So sorry to hear that Gix,please offer them my condolences.

Take it easy out there

Gix
    Participant

Thanks guys. Havent seen Barry, he is not up to seeing anyone, and the coppers havent told him what went wrong, its being investigated. David was in a head on collision with a Renault Clio on the A515 at Kings Bromley, just yards from the junction with the A513 (Elford run), the second fatal motorcycle crash in a week, the other being in the next village up (Yoxall). Is listed in Britains most dangerous roads for motorcyclists. Its a road I use nearly every Sunday.[V]
    Be careful guys, you dont know whats round the next corner….[V]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Gix
    Participant

So sad. They still got his first name and age wrong in the paper, he turned 18 a couple of months ago, the bike was his 18th Birthday gift from his dad.

FAMILY’S HEARTACHE OVER SON’S DEATH

A PUB popular with bikers has closed after the landlord’s teenage son was killed on one of the country’s most dangerous routes for motorcyclists.

The New Inn, at Five Lane Ends, was shut today ‘until further notice’ after landlord Barry Wilkinson’s son, Richard Jon Wilkinson, was killed in a road traffic accident.

The 19-year-old, who lived with his parents at the Needwood pub, was travelling on the A515, near Kings Bromley at 10.40am on Tuesday when his Honda motorcycle was involved in a head-on collision with a green Renault Clio on the country road.

A note posted on the door of the Needwood pub, which advertises that bikers are welcome, apologises for any inconvenience and asks drinkers to ‘bear with the family after this unfortunate accident’. Mr Wilkinson was riding from the direction of Kings Bromley, with the car heading in the opposite direction, when the two vehicles collided 200 yards from the junction with the A513 Armitage Road. The County Air Ambulance was mobilised, but Mr Wilkinson could not be saved and was pronounced dead at the scene.

In June last year, the AA Motoring Trust named the A515 between Lichfield and Ashbourne — which includes the scene of Tuesday’s fatal crash — on a list of the nation’s 13 most dangerous routes for motorcyclists.

The 19-year-old is the fifth motorcyclist killed in a collision last month and the third to die in Staffordshire in a matter of days. Staffordshire Police today appealed for motorcyclists to be extra careful when on the roads following five fatal smashes in the county in August — three of them taking place this week.

Traffic management officer Les Dyble said: “I would appeal to all road users, riders and drivers alike, to please give consideration to others on the road. Be aware of each other at junctions, around parked vehicles and on the open road.

“These tragedies have caused grief and pain to all those who lost loved ones, and the families and friends of those who were seriously injured are also going through a distressing and anxious time.

“We should also remember the drivers of other vehicles involved who will also be dealing with the trauma of death or serious injury.”

Russell James Bradley, 24, from Chasetown, was travelling from the direction of Croxall, near Alrewas, when his motorcycle left the road and hit a ‘substantial’ flower pot outside The Black Horse Inn in Lullington Road, Edingale, at 9.40am on Sunday.

On the same day, Mark Beanland, 40, from Greensome Lane, Stafford, was pronounced dead at the scene of a smash on the A5013 Great Bridgeford to Eccleshall Road, near Stafford.

Police are appealing for any witnesses to the accident in Kings Bromley to telephone Sergeant Peter Fairhurst or Pc Alan Gallimore, of Chasetown police, on 08453 302010.

https://www.burtonmail.co.uk/detail.asp?cat=General%20News&id=5783318

His name was David, not Richard. Bloody rags cant get nowt right![:(!]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

poohchick
    Participant

Dear David,

May God bless you and keep you safe now and always. Your life on earth is over sooner that it should ever have been, but your new life will bring you happiness and contentment in a world without pain or fear!

You will be remembered always by those who new and loved you and respected by those who only heard your name.

Rest in peace and keep an eye out for those of us who are fortunate to keep your spirit alive on two wheels!

WIT WOO Lets have fun! Experience is the best knowledge x

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Well said Poohchick, I totally concur with your heartfelt words.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by poohchick

Dear David,

May God bless you and keep you safe now and always. Your life on earth is over sooner that it should ever have been, but your new life will bring you happiness and contentment in a world without pain or fear!

You will be remembered always by those who new and loved you and respected by those who only heard your name.

Rest in peace and keep an eye out for those of us who are fortunate to keep your spirit alive on two wheels!

WIT WOO Lets have fun! Experience is the best knowledge x

very moving

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Gix
    Participant

Proper bikers funeral on Friday, Barry has asked us all to go on our bikes. Surprisingly the meet was held tonight as usual, I an reckons he is in denial.[V]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.