Back road blast with Ses and Thumper – Pics!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Back road blast with Ses and Thumper – Pics!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I enjoyed a really fun 65 mile blast riding my RD350YPVS on Sunday in company with Ses on his Honda Station Wagaon and Thumper on his TDR: Kidderminster to Bewdley, then across the B4194 ‘switchbacks’ a demanding underlating back road that runs alonside the Rever Severn to the outskirts of Stourport, out towards Great Whitley on the more open A451, before hitting the delightfully twisty B4203 that snakes through some stunning countryside towards Bromyard and then back home via a charming cafe for the traditional ‘light-salad’ before briefly hitting Worcester and then heading back along the B4193 to Astley before getting back to the side of the River Severn in Bewdley for a cooling drink. Ses tried both the RD and TDR, but I think he particularly enjoyed the TDR.
    After a chilly start the sun was well and truly out and the bustling river-side throng in Bewdley was enjoying summer like day and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. A great way to chill after a good blast

DSCF9057.jpg
    Ses and Thumper getting ready for the off

DSCF9052a.jpg
    Ses has added this cavernous topbox to his comfy Honda

DSCN3065.jpg
    Some of the best salad served in the 3 counties!

DSCN3063.jpg
    They got Ses’s order wrong and brought him a full English…

DSCN3066.jpg
    Ses really enjoyed the TDR

DSCN3067.jpg
    Even God loves 2-strokes, there is no way he rides a Harley, a TZR250 more like…

DSCN3069.jpg
    The RD put a smile on his face too though…

There were some interesting bikes parked up, most notably a Brough Superior. Both the RD and TDR drew admiring glances and we chatted to a couple of people about them. the FZ never gets this much attention when I park up.

DSCN3072.jpg
    Ses and Thumper in Bewdley enjoying the sunshine

DSCN3070.jpg
    Brough Superior, with a well used patina…beautiful

DSCN3075.jpg
    Business end

DSCN3081.jpg
    Refreshments

I had to head home before Katana rocked up on his Blade. Ses showed off the the CBF to Kat and noted how comfortable it will be on the Assen run…Kat meantime also had a bit of hoot when getting a fix of two-stroke fun on the TDR.

010420121729.jpg
    Kat enjoyed the TDR too

A fantastic days biking, even if we had only covered 65 miles or so, that is the thing with a two-stroke bike…it is like a concentrated hit and compresses the same amount of fun into less miles. Loving the RD so far!

katana
    Participant

Pity I missed you mate. I hadn’t ridden a 2 stroke for twenty five years (apart from the minimoto) but it soon all came flooding back and it was great. Now I keep finding myself searching for RD125DXs on eBay – how did that happen?

Thumper
    Participant

Some bikes=Nescafe Gold Blend
    2 strokes=double expresso

A lovely whizz in the countryside, and funnily enough, the cafe bought me a full English by mistake too!
    We all enjoyed the bike swaps – (we were all properly insured by the way)
    All the bikes were very dfferent and all fantastic at different things!

Bring it on again eh chaps?

Radar

Can’t wait foe the next chance to get out there to be honest!

ses310

What a great day it was! Glad I was intoduced to the joys of 2 stroke biking. Had a real blast cheers guys

Radar

Come on Kat and ses, get on ebay hunting RDs and TDRs!

ses310

Got no room in my garage with 2 bikes already haha

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by ses310

Got no room in my garage with 2 bikes already haha

Leave tham outside, Honda have made one or two decent 2 strokes…NSR400 or a NSR250 for example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-NSR250R-SE-MC28-/200599989471?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2eb4b0ecdf

ses310

That looks nice, nice price too!

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by ses310

That looks nice, nice price too!

The NSRs tend to go for proper money.

katana
    Participant

I had one of these when I was 17.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/yamaha-rd125-learner-legal-/280859740076?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item41648b87ac

I’ll admit it – I have been a Yamaha owner, but I’m cured now.

ses310

I’m glad to hear that Kat :)Luckily I’ve never had the Yamaha disease

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.