Assen Run – Eurotunnel

Home Forums Biking abroad Assen, Holland Assen Run – Eurotunnel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Radar

OK folks, are we going for a group booking or are we all going to book individually, but on the same time services?

ses310

I’m easy really, could always do a group book for those that want to?

Champs
    Participant

I am happy with group, just let me know the price and you will have the money… almost instantly!

As a matter of thought, based from my house (B27), Beaconsfield Services could be a good meeting point for all involved. Its roughly half way between Brum and Folkestone and a good refuelling point.

From mine its 91 miles to Beaconsfield and 104 from there to Folkestone.

Don’t forget also… Its 4 hours to Folkestone plus maybe a bit of a delay because we will be hitting the M25 car park during Friday rush hour(s).

Champs
    Participant

Been looking at times. I am thinking the 1020 from Folkestone an the 1520 from Calais.

Total cost £48 per person per motorbike

ses310

That sounds fine with me Champs

katana
    Participant

Yep – sounds good

Champs
    Participant

If everyone is in agreement then we can book them up. Will it be easier to book singles?

Radar

Times are fine with me

What is the cote on ferry booking? Group or single?

Champs
    Participant

Similar leave times would be around £36 on the ferry

I am happy to book singly, would be easier I guess

Radar

I agree Champs, We just need to be sure everybody books the same times and enough space is available for 9 bikes

Champs
    Participant

Yes, although there’s no harm in arriving on the later or earlier train, they are only half an hour apart aren’t they?

katana
    Participant

I rang Eurotunnel today and tried to get a deal for a group booking – sorry failed (even tried the running the major company bike club line).

They weren’t helpful to say the least, so I reckon individual bookings are the only way. It seams that if you arrive plus or minus 2 hours from the time you’ve booked then they will put you on the next availible train at no extra cost. Also seams that prices rise 3 weeks before departure so need to get it sorted mid April latest.

Found some more Bike related tunnel info here:

https://sdsamotorcyclecouriers.blogspot.com/2010/04/taking-your-bike-to-europe-on.html

Radar

I have some family business to attend to over the next couple of weeks as you might see elesewhere on the forum.

But I will be booking up my eurotunnel as soon as I can

Please post up here when you have booked at what times.

Cheers folks

Champs
    Participant

Hope everything goes well for you mate

Can someone else check prices as I just tried to book but it’s coming in around 70 quid?

Radar

Champs, I will take a look tail end of next week and get booked up. I really need a good trip away now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.