Another non biking year

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Another non biking year

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Had a call from doctor this morning, they had my scan results faxed thru to them from hospital. The nerve compression has worsened on the L5 -S1 as I suspected, but additionally there is compression on the sacral level further down (not caused by discs as there are none down there). I have to go in on Wednesday morning to ‘discus my options’. So looks like another year off biking and horse riding  :(

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Damn Julia, not good news. Hope there is something you can do to help this. Are you in much pain at the moment?

Gix
    Participant

Yeah more than before op, back on full compliment of pain killers and nerve blocks. I am thoroughly fed up now.

Radar

Not good Julia, I hope that things improve for you soon

HippoDrones
    Participant

xxx

katana
    Participant

Sorry to hear that Gix. Hope you are on the mend soon.

Gix
    Participant

Saw doc today. Have yet more tablets to take on top of what I already have. Have been referred back to consultant. I asked what they may suggest the best course of action is now….they will likely suggest further surgery. She did say that I shouldn’t have to wait too long this time, as each report is assessed as they get it, and you are placed on waiting list according to the report, triage system, and as its worsened and is on sacral as well as lumber level, I should be seen quicker than last time. She has put me on tramadol 100mg 4 times daily, I didn’t want to go on it but its the only thing left that I can take with the diclofenac, pregabalin and paracetamol. Codeine is out of the question after the funny turn I had on it. Tramadol knocks me about a bit but at least I might get some sleep lol

HippoDrones
    Participant

you must feel a right space cadet with all that inside you! I am not a fan of long term pain killer use but when its needed its good to have the right combo. Hope it helps some xxx

Gix
    Participant

No I don’t like the fact that I have been on pills long term, discussed health implications with the doc. As I am normally a healthy, fit person (lol) and I continue to take the omeprazole to protect stomach, I should be ok for some time yet. They will review again in 3 months, or if I have any adverse reactions/effects, before then.
    They do help with the local muscular pain, but it’s the nerve pain that gets me down sometimes, it’s constant and to the point that I get such bad pins and needles that I lose feeling in legs, all I can feel is the cramp like pain down the outside of legs, and the pins and needles, all other sensation is lost.
    Buuuut….at least I can still use my legs, there are less fortunate than myself so on I go….!

Radar

Hang in there kid, hope you get sorted and if it takes a year, it takes year, you are still a young one!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.