And now for something completely different!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe And now for something completely different!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    barmy_carmy
    Participant

This last month or so I’ve had a regular visitor in my garden…….A Kingfisher. At the weekend I bought some small fish to go in pond,20 in total. This morning, I look in the pond, there’s about 6 left. Today saw the kingfisher dive in for 2 more, Was amazing to see, considering Kingfisher was approx 20 yrds away, but poor little fishes[:0]

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

riff-raff
    Participant

Well worth the sacrifice though Barmy[;)]……..beautiful bird ain,t they

I,m a fallen angel who,s lost his wings ands been left out in the cold….

The Beast
    Participant

It would be worth buying fish to keep feeding it.. I have some rare birds visiting our feeder but nothing as elegant as that.

Matt Black… The ultimate chrome cleaner..

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Flippin amazing the colours and speed of the kingfisher, will have to get some cheaper fish though, them little goldfish cost me £15 for 20, My son says I could get 10 minoes for a £1, so I just might stock up with a few of them. I’m gonna see if I can post a pic.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

t_kingfisher_pics_006_303.jpg

GSXR1000
    Participant

You are very lucky. Where abouts are you? (I do conservation work with birds).
    Just seen, Romsey.

GSXR1000
    Participant

They are so, so nice, I often see one near a fast running local Derbyshire stream.

Gordy
    Participant

Sling in some fish fingers. Bound to be cheaper.

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gordy

Sling in some fish fingers. Bound to be cheaper.

ROTFLMAO!!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

GSXR1000
    Participant

They don’t do high fat diet!

XV16
    Participant

Minnows would be good, Barmy. Kingfishers are very territorial and once they find a good eating / breeding ground they will stay for their whole lives. Me envious too!

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of The Bike Forum and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by XV16

once they find a good eating / breeding ground they will stay for their whole lives.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of The Bike Forum and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

Bit like blokes then?[:o)][:o)][:o)]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

riff-raff
    Participant

And your point is?[:D]

I,m a fallen angel who,s lost his wings ands been left out in the cold….

Gix
    Participant

point? I’m female…since when do we need a point?[:o)][:o)][:o)]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

XV16
    Participant

Usually to jab us with

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.