ALONSO’S ROSSI JIBE

Home Forums Bike racing ALONSO’S ROSSI JIBE

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ScooterChic
    Participant

FERNANDO ALONSO says Ferrari are wasting precious time testing MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi.

The Formula One world champion predicted the Italian bike ace has not shown sufficient speed yet to be a winner on four wheels. And he boasted that he could do equally as well if he switched to bikes.

Alonso was speaking after seven-times world champion Michael Schumacher insisted Rossi has what it takes to make the grade in Grand Prix racing.

“I’m glad Rossi has tested with Ferrari because that means they have lost valuable time preparing their cars,” said Alonso. “Let him come and drive. It will be good because there will be more media attention.

“Until we see him race we won’t know his true potential, but it will be very difficult for him. He might even get on the podium but I could do the same on the bikes if I was given a bit of time to practise.”

Rossi, 27, competes in MotoGP for Yamaha this season but has an option to switch to Ferrari in future. He has tested with them three times, being competitive in the dry but spinning off in the wet.

Digger
    Participant

Ha,like to see him try.[;)]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.