A444

Home Forums Great biking roads A444

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Havent done this road since last winter till today, had forgotten just what a hoot it is even though its only a short run. Not sure what the A444 from A5 to Nuneaton is like, I do the A5 (Redgate Junction) towards Burton upon Trent but I dont follow it all the way to Burton(gets too busy the closer to Burton you get). I take the B5493 at the M42 roundabout back towards Tamworth which is another hoot. Both roads have a couple of twisty bends but on the whole the bends are ‘tuck in behind your screen’ fast, for most of the ride the surface is decent. Two fast roads, one big grin!
    Oh and before I forget, beware the speed camera on the A5 just before Redgate Junction, surprise surprise its hidden behind a road sign. Also, although the whole of the A444 has speed camera signs, there arent any fixed cameras and I have yet to see a talivan, though I expect they will be around once the warm weather arrives (should be safe then!)!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

A good road is the b1225 from caistor to market rasen. it is called bomb alley it is a fast long stretch of road with great bends to get your knee down.

if you cant beat um arrange for them to be beaten

999blues
    Participant

Know the road well but never knew it as bomb alley! Got my knee sliders well ground down on that road this summer.

Red CBX1000 with loud pipes!

GSX Rat
    Participant

i’ve never heard it called that either m8!

mind you, its a nice road!, as well as the one from kirkmond le mire up towards rasen, and even the twisty uphill (or downhill) bit towards binbrook , makes going to willy woods from the kings head (waltham) a great ride out….

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

newk
    Participant

a444 brilliant use it loads great for thrashing suzuki’s on my kwak [:p]

newk
    Participant

a5 atherstone bypass is a good laff as well avent managed a full throttle pass yet

Gix
    Participant

A444 ok but its not exactly technical is it? Like it if I aint got time to do the twisties as it its slightly more interesting than other roads round here. Did it tonight on way to Rolleston and have to say after all the other roads I have done this season, it really is disappointing, I prefer roads of the more challenging nature.[;)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.