a New Breed of Race Series….

Home Forums Bike racing a New Breed of Race Series….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Myself and two mates are working on a new race series, its not anything to do with ACU and s just a bit of fun. We are keeping things under wraps to start with so we can get a decent idea of events, all I can say is it’ll be AWESOME and cheap and very simple to enter (in season 2). As I am allowed I will add info, I will also copy blogs from our three teams and add vids and phots of our adventure into “racing”

I have high hopes for the series and when we get to the second season I hope that maybe one or two of you will join us, either as a competitor or a supporter :D

ses310

Sounds very interesting! Keep us up to date…. I am very curios now!

katana
    Participant

Sounds interesting – should I dig out the minimoto from the garage?

HippoDrones
    Participant

L_Plate1a.jpg

The bikes have to be road legal (tax/MoT/insurance) and a maximum of 125cc and cost no more than £500 on the road (not including the insurance)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Interesting!

Champs
    Participant

Get us some more info, sounds interesting

HippoDrones
    Participant

Some bits and bobs of info we have put together on the facebook page:

A totally new race series mixing many different disciplines, the rules? Simple You use a 125cc bike, you can only spend #500.00 including all mods. Add to this the fact that however you set up your bike will have to stay that way during the entire season, so while one setup may be great for road endurance but not necessarily so for the off road sections….the choices you make are yours.

Matt Barter
    Events – list em down.

off road @ gingers farm?
    off road drag race
    Drink riding – maybe leagal problems here……
    slow race – narrow lanes – if you put your feet down your out.
    econ-a-run – just one litre of fuel for a totally empty bike
    point to point (360 at all roundabouts)
    moto gymkhana round
    on-track somewhere
    green-laning
    capture the flag – also collectaballs – 50 balls thrown in a field only collect pne at a time – one with the most wins
    carrying a fragile load with minimal stuff
    keep em coming!
    Like ·  · Unfollow post · 8 May at 19:42 near Crawley
    Seen by 13

Stafford Vance Looks just about perfect to me, awesome list :)
    8 May at 19:50 · Like

Peter O’Connor def think a night enduro field race with up to 3 riders per team is a good idea, am sure we will be able to find some people stupid…. I mean enthusiastic enough to be riders! :D
    8 May at 21:46 · Like

Stafford Vance You mean night time off road racing on older cappy bikes that aren’t even meant to be going off road and on the wrong tyres? Yep, what the hell can go wrong with that ;)
    8 May at 21:48 · Unlike · 2

Peter O’Connor thats the one Staff :D
    8 May at 21:51 · Like

Stafford Vance Awesome :))
    12 May at 18:20 · Like

Peter O’Connor No motorways allowed on any road route to/from or during a 12500 championship event unless in a support vehical!
    8 July at 18:42 · Like · 2

Owain Powell Oh god this looks awesome. Like, really piss your pants awesome. X-D
    29 July at 09:35 · Unlike · 2

Matt Barter Tug of war?
    Off road econorun – with only just enough fuel to finish – so if you go to fast – you will have to push your bike across the line.?
    29 July at 10:59 via mobile · Unlike · 1

Stafford Vance Hahaha love it, I can just see some rambler walking along and seeing all these bikes offroading really really slowly and sensibly, we’ll start giving crossers a good name at this rate. ;)
    29 July at 11:00 · Unlike ·

The above shows some of the “work in progress” of the series, we are working out rules etc and have already spoken to the police about the drink-riding rounds and they are fine with it as long as its in a locked field on private land that we have permission to use (which we have sorted).

HippoDrones
    Participant

the drink riding round will be called “Shot-Glass-Speedway” and will involve an oval circuit in a field, do a couple of laps then down a shot of vodka and repeat until we can no longer ride, winner is the person who completes the most laps. The night endurance event will probs be the same weekend as the Shot-Glass-Speedway, bbq, beer and music will probs be involved :D

Radar

the drink riding round will be called “Shot-Glass-Speedway” and will involve an oval circuit in a field, do a couple of laps then down a shot of vodka and repeat until we can no longer ride, winner is the person who completes the most laps. The night endurance event will probs be the same weekend as the Shot-Glass-Speedway, bbq, beer and music will probs be involved :D

Brilliant, quite brilliant!

Looks forward to following this thread in general

HippoDrones
    Participant

It should be a giggle, have had a very positive response from most of the folk we have mentioned it to…. even had Suzy from the Bike Channel (Motors TV) ask about it! (I some how doubt they will help promote drink riding though! lol) :D

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Funny stuff. How about a concours competition at the beginning and end?

Champs
    Participant

You’ll have let us all know when the first races are, maybe we can plan a forum trip out

HippoDrones
    Participant

haha, I think the bikes will def look a little bit used by the end of the series so that sounds like a good event too! :D

One of the chaps is pushing for the Easter weekend for our first event. We are seeing if folk can all get the time off to do so (and a bike together by then). Will keep this updated with any info :D

Radar

You’ll have let us all know when the first races are, maybe we can plan a forum trip out

Sound like the beginnings of a plan!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Most of the entrants have got their bikes now, they mainly chose to buy cheap and fix them up, I however have gone the oposite way and spent my whole budget on a bike with 11 months tax and test, is almost immaculate for its age, and is “slightly” fettled ;-)

Here is my beasty:

A Yamaha RXS 100, slightly not standard  :D

rxs100_zpscbf1c02e.jpg

20130126_113538_zps0021b704.jpg

20130126_113519_zps9a37a7aa.jpg

and a lil vid of it on the go (click on image to watch)

th_20130126_113603_zpsf91c6f5e.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.