A nasty rumour

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise A nasty rumour

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scouser
    Participant

I’ve heard a nasty rumour that in last weeks TWO WHEELS magazine there is an article that any biker over 45 has to retake the bike test ‘every year’ this is to cut down on the amount of ‘born again’ bikers being killed. Is this true?
    Does anyone know about this?
    i’m 45 and i’ve only just taken the stabilisers off!

Be seen and be Safe!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Hi Scouser, I dont know about that one, Hubbys 55yrs, I’m 46yrs, but have been riding various bikes for a good 12yrs but before then had an 8yr gap, kids and stuff, But it is different biking these days for a start more traffic on the rd, hence a lot more dickheads that dont see you, get loudish pipes, so they can hear you. And be a mindreader. Just go at your own pace scouser until you build your confidence back, and dont do silly things like overtaking on a blind bend or on the brow of a hill etc! Ride Safe Ride Free!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Scouser
    Participant

Thanks for that Barmy. The stabiliser bit was a jokey reference, I’ve been riding bikes since I was 17, C70, CB250N,GS1000,GSX1100F. Honda XL1000 Varadero current bike allows me to see over everything, well nearly, if I stand up on the pegs I can see over 4×4’s, but I’m on my tiptoes when stationary.[:D]

Be seen and be Safe!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

psml scouser, Its probably another money making scheme from the goverment, money grabbing B******s. [:(!][:p]

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

rabman6
    Participant

hi there .Dont worrie it is just a rumour.I am an approved driving instructor(car) and a member of DISC, driving instructors scottish council.And i know the DSA, yes they are money grabbing b….rds but i can assure you this not goin to happen.But what i did here is that the DSA are proposing making the practical test longer ie 1hr.But this to wont happen.WE and our friends down south have a bit of clout when it comes to the DSA (drving,standards,agency)it is as was said down to making more money from all types of motor vehicles.advice to all members is join an organisation if poss as there is always strenght in numbers…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.