848 Challenge, 3rd round Snetterton 300 – Team Afterdark News

Home Forums Bike racing 848 Challenge, 3rd round Snetterton 300 – Team Afterdark News

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    katana
    Participant

Here is Tims report from yesterday taken from the Teams Blog :
    https://www.teamafterdark.co.uk/blog/all-good-so-far/

All Good So Far !!

Tim White on May 24, 2012

Thankfully we have all arrived at Snetterton safe and sound. The truck has come up without a cough or splutter but I did give her a bit of a hard time.

We are really looking forward to the weekend and it will be great having  Skilcom with us, hopefully it will be  better weekend than when they joined us at Brands.. James is in good spirit and the suns going to shine for the weekend. What more could you want.

Its a slow day tomorrow as we’re not on track until late afternoon, so we will be able to enjoy a bit of the sun aswell.

Enjoy your weekend and I will keep you posted on James’ progress.

katana
    Participant
    ses310

Looking forward to see how he gets on in the race :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

James qualified 7th I believe, well done lad. Hope he does as well in the race itself! :)

ses310

Tim’s post on Team After Dark blog Race 1

https://www.teamafterdark.co.uk/blog/snett-race-1/

Well after the elation of the qualifying this morning James was on a high going into the race. The lights went out and James for once had a really bad start and dropped several places going up to the first bend. Then came an excursion off track which dropped him back to sixteenth. Yet again he found himself on the back foot and dug deep getting back upto 12th and once again he ran off circuit. Come the end of the race he was back to 14th and not a happy bunny, to say the least.

A disappointing end to the day for all of us as things looked like they were starting to go our way. The good thing is James was second quickest in sector 3 and had the 8th fastest time. So for tomorrows televised  race he will start from p8 on row 2. So alls not lost!!!!

Tv coverage will be on British Eurosport at 3pm sunday afternoon.

HippoDrones
    Participant

bad luck for yesterday James, will cheer him on throgh the tellybox today if I get the chance :)

Champs
    Participant

I watched race two on the tele. Didn’t see much of James, looked like a quiet race judging by the timing screens, finishing in 8th.

Radar

I would like to of gone to this round, Snetterton was my local track once upon a time.

8th seems a good result to me

ses310

Tim’s race 2 report

https://www.teamafterdark.co.uk/blog/its-a-cracker/

At last!!!!

Race 2 saw all of James’ hard work rewarded with 8th place and the top 10 finish that he so deserved.

We did some work on the clutch overnight after the first race to give James a better feel and obviously it worked. He got of to a flyer and was right in the mix as they entered the first bend. Unfortunately he didnt have the ideal line going in as he was on the inside, so the riders coming from the left side of the started to chop his nose of into the turn. He stuck with the front pack but eventually they started to pull away from him. He had to fight hard to put a gap between him and Ed Smith who was snapping at his heels for most of the race but little by little James managed to pull a 3 second gap by the end of the race.

A great result to end the weekend. But the work doesn’t stop there, we now have to have a look at the set up again because James is now out riding the current one.

Thank you to all for their support and for those who watched it at home on the tv, We hope you enjoyed it.

There was only one downer to the weekend and that was when we got home I managed to fall out of the lorry severely spraining my ankle. Its ok I should be fit by the weekend !!!!

HippoDrones
    Participant

brill result :) well done James :)

Champs
    Participant

2012 Championship Table (after Round 3 – Snetterton)

Position Name Points

1. Robbie Brown

2. Darren Fry

3. Mike Edwards

4. Mike Dawson

5. James Folkard

6. Sam Coventry

7. Dijon Compton

8. Sean Neary

9. Ed Smith

10. Byron Beckett

11 Mark Cheetham

12. Woolsey Coulter

13. Scot Adam

14. Jack Keen

15. Steve Jordan

16. Jamie Poole

= Aaron Brown

18. Peter Hasler

19 James White

20. Dan Cruickshank

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.