Home Forums Bike racing 250cc News

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ScooterChic
    Participant

250cc News

Sekiguchi on post-crash Jerez return
    News, 10/03/06

This week’s 250cc testing in Jerez saw Taro Sekiguchi facing a demon from last year. The Japanese rider was returning to the scene of a 2005 preseason crash, one which kept him out of the first half of the World Championship through injury.

The Campetella racing man spoke on his feelings ahead of the return to the Andalusian circuit, saying that he had no fear of the track despite the bad memories.

“The truth is that even though it wasn’t a fall or a crash, it completely destroyed my leg and curtailed my season, because I missed a lot of races. After that, it was hard to pick up the rhythm again,” said the Japanese. “Of course, returning to the place where I was seriously injured makes me remember that day, but I was never scared.”

Aprilia’s impressive performance in preseason has given the rider much confidence. The factory showed themselves to be particularly impressive in Jerez, and Sekiguchi has taken much encouragement from this.

“This year we have a very good bike, and the team is working well, so I’m going to give my all and try and earn the good results that we have confidence in achieving.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.