2016 Gloucestershire & Worcestershire Bikernite list

Home Forums Meetings and events 2016 Gloucestershire & Worcestershire Bikernite list

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I finally got to a meeting….it was superb!

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/fladbury-bike-night-piccies/

It was good to see you and Stu down on Karl’s turf…  :D

Yeah it was a good little turnout for the forum and friends, I will try and get to at least one more this summer if I can

elessimo
    Participant

I’ll hold you to that!  8)

Radar

Where the one this Wednesday…03/08?

elessimo
    Participant

Where the one this Wednesday…03/08?

The next Bikers Nites are:

10.08.16  PHEASANT INN    Toddington (Roundabout), Cheltenham GL54 5DT
    (Please don’t park along the road at the above pub unless the car par is full as this may attract the police.)
    17.08.16  VILLAGE INN        Twyning Green, Twyning, Tewkesbury    GL20 6DF
    24.08.16  THE FLEECE          Bretforton, near Badsey, Evesham      WR11 7JE
    31.08.16  MYSTERY PUB!  To be announced a few weeks before, at the meets/fb/website

So for all you Midlanders – The Fleece is one of our more northerly pubs and I’ve checked the forecast: Weds 24th August is going to be dry and sunny…..      8)

Radar

Will do my best to make the one at The Fleece. Should be able to drag Stu along and Kat if he is not off on his travels

elessimo
    Participant

My ole mate John is coming; Ol hopefully turning up on his brand new (collected today) GS1200 and Mick & Geoff coming down from Sutton Coldfield – should be a good turn out.  Half a TT reunion…  8)

Radar

My ole mate John is coming; Ol hopefully turning up on his brand new (collected today) GS1200 and Mick & Geoff coming down from Sutton Coldfield – should be a good turn out.  Half a TT reunion…  8)

Lets see if I can Mr.P to dust off the Hog for the evening

r6ymy
    Participant

I went to the meet at the Village Inn, Tewkesbury last night, wish I’d read your comments about ignoring the 7pm start time, arrived just before 7 and the place was heaving. I was stood opposite the pub when they were calling out the raffle winners, and thought I recognised ellesimo from the photos on the site , but wasn’t sure until I got home and looked at the photos on one of the reviews. I did see a very new shiny looking GS there, was that Ol?
    I was there on my MV Turismo, parked up on the grass near the ice cream van.
    I’m away for the next couple of weeks but will try to make one of the September meets, next time I will say hello.

elessimo
    Participant

I went to the meet at the Village Inn, Tewkesbury last night, wish I’d read your comments about ignoring the 7pm start time, arrived just before 7 and the place was heaving. I was stood opposite the pub when they were calling out the raffle winners, and thought I recognised ellesimo from the photos on the site , but wasn’t sure until I got home and looked at the photos on one of the reviews. I did see a very new shiny looking GS there, was that Ol?
    I was there on my MV Turismo, parked up on the grass near the ice cream van.
    I’m away for the next couple of weeks but will try to make one of the September meets, next time I will say hello.

That was indeed me: shades, arabic scarf, big belly…. :)
    Come over and introduce yourself next time – always good to make contact!

Yes, if the GS was triple black then that was Ol’s brand new Beemer – we also had Geoff’s new (to him) 2013 blue Explorer (under 10k miles) and Jed’s 2015 red Explorer (3,800 miles) picked up that day – I’ll get photos up in due course…. Made me feel like my 2013 grey Explorer is an old hack at 18,650 miles  :(
    And of course John’s immaculate 2002 Kwacker 689 or whatever it is! (For Sale!): John’s got his sights set on a 1050 Tiger…

We saw your Turismo parked up and when you were leaving: favourable comments all round…. It is indeed a lovely sounding/looking/riding bike…..  :)

Jed and I had a mad ride back in the dark, dodging tractors, owls and broken branches on that awesome Tewkesbury-Ledbury-Ross country road, then stopped at our local for a bevy. Work today was tough……     

Hope you make a September meet, but I’m away in Spain for the first 3 Wednesdays, racking up the kilometres on the Explorer….       

Hopefully some of the Brum/Worcester crowd will make The Fleece at Bretforton – good pub. Geoff and Mick come down from Sutton Coldfield regularly now, so it is viable…..    8)

Radar

Have you seen his pics from the Brackley event, some corking bikes were there

elessimo
    Participant

Have you seen his pics from the Brackley event, some corking bikes were there

Yes – good to have another contributor!
    Especially with such good pics….      8)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.