Reply To: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE Reply To: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

imperialdata
Keymaster

Agree with the comments above. If it was a badly fitted hugger that caused this then I personally would approach them firmly and ask them to pay for the damage and if they do not state that you will seek legal advice on the matter. They probably did a PDI on the bike (pre delivery inspection) which gives you some ammunition too with paperwork to substantiate the claim. Hell, they probably even charged you for it…..

From memory (because I have used this previously in a dispute), there is a duty under the sale of goods act 1979 that all sales items must be as described and fit for purpose. This is the one act that many people quote when taking legal action, Google it and you’ll find more info. You could drop this out in conversation with them to show you are not just going to walk away without a fight.

If it was my garage, I’d be glad that you didn’t kill yourself and more than happy to fit a new tyre and hugger as a gesture of goodwill.

Your final recourse would be to drop the local press into the equation. A negative article in a local mag or paper would be bad for business.

Good luck!